The Obama Foundation has been working over a year on site selection and design of the new Barack Obama Presidential Library set to grace the south side of Chicago. Having grown up close to where it will be built, I’m very excited to see all of the changes the library will bring.
The Chicago Park District just dropped their new South Lakefront Framework Plan which show the changes that will come about.
The plan includes:
- Closing Cornell between 59th Street and Hayes Drive
- Closing Marquette Drive between Stony Island and Richards Drive
- Adding a new southbound lane to Lake Shore Drive between 57th and Hayes Drive
As well as, a variety of improvements for:
- Car and bus traffic at intersections
- Pedestrians, biking, and parking
- Golf Cart traffic on the south end of Jackson Park golf course
If you would like to see the full pdf presentation of the South Lakefront Framework Plan click here.